espected for her tireless consistent community advocacy work across the state of Kansas, Kenya Cox has earned the title of “Servant Leader”. Drawing on her innate ability to build consensus and develop collaborative relationships has positioned Ms. Cox into key pivotal roles of leadership.
Kenya has served as Senior Constituent Service Representative and District Liaison to two United States Congressmen. Prior to stepping into her newly governor appointed position as Executive Director of the Kansas African American Affairs Commission, Ms. Cox was the Assistant Regional Director of Community Relations for the Department of Children and Families.
Kenya’s over all dedication to community service is evident by her diverse and numerous organizational affiliations. She currently serves as the President of the Kansas NAACP State Conference of Branches and the program chair for the Wichita Chapter of Links Inc.
Kenya has been married for 34 years and has two children and one grandchild.
Recognition and Achievements
- Delegate for the State of Kansas to the 2008 and 2012 Republican National Convention.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Rhomania Honoree 2008 Golden Eagle Award for community service.
- The City of Wichita Citizens Academy 2006 Graduate
- 2006 recipient of the Kansas Black Republican’s James Bolden Leadership Award.
- One of 5 Kansans invited to participate in a National African American Leadership Summit sponsored by Senator Kay Bailey-Hutchinson in Washington DC.
Community Involvement and Leadership
- NAACP, Kansas State Conference: President-Current Silver Life Member
- NAACP, Kansas State Conference: 1st Vice President-2014-2015, Assistant Secretary 2007-2010
- Wichita Branch NAACP, President-2013-2015, Active Member-2005- Current; Leadership Roles 1st, 2nd 3rd Vice President, Branch Youth Advisor
- African AmericanCouncil of Elders~Wichita/Sedgwick County, Associate Elder-Current Scribe-2011-2015
- Wichita Chapter of Links Inc, Program Chair-2012-Current Member-2008
- 4th District Republican Party, Secretary-Current, Chairman 2010-2012
- Sedgwick County Republican Party, Vice Chairman 2008-2010
- Sedgwick County Black Republican Council, Vice Chairman- Current
- Kansas Black Republican Council, Vice Chairman-Current, Public Relations Chair-2007-2014
- Sedgwick County Community Corrections Advisory Board, Board Member 2006-Current
- Money Smart Kansas- Kansas State Steering Committee-Current
- ChildStart- Policy Council Board member - 2013-2015
- Storytime Village Children’s Literacy, Board Chair-Current
- League of Women Voters, Member at Large: Current
- The Kansas Coalition Against the Death Penalty Board Member-2010-2012
- Dwight D Eisenhower, Excellence in Public Service Series, Board Member 2008-2014
- Wichita Junior League, Active Member 2006-2010
- Training and Advocacy Committee – Wichita Junior League, 2008-2009 Chair
- City of Wichita Minority Contractors Advisory Board, Vice Chair
- The City of Wichita Cultural Arts Funding Committee, Board Member, 2008-2011